The 49'er is easily accessible from I-94 or I-80 to the north. Just take the IN-49 exit toward Chesterton / Valparaiso. Travel south on IN-49 to US 6. Take the US 6 exit and travel east to the first stoplight. Turn right (south) onto N Calumet Ave. Follow for 1.5 miles to the 49'er.
Click here for a larger map.
675 N. Calumet Ave. (old S.R. 49), Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Always dim your automobile headlights before entering the lot
- Don't litter
- Place your speaker back on the pole before leaving (Also, Stereo sound on your FM Radio).
- Trucks and vans should be considerate and park in the rear of the lot or at the ends of the rows. Otherwise, patrons in automobiles may not be able to see over your rooftop.
- Keep your foot off the brake pedal once parked.
- Buy your snacks from the refreshment stand. Theaters make little money on the admission cost because a large percentage has to be returned to the film distributors. The drive-in's main source of income is its concession sales.
- There's nothing better than watching movies under the stars.
Enjoy the drive-in experience and tell your friends.